I think they look vaguely like tulips and I want to do some detail in the corners which will form another pattern when the squares are joined together - something simple, which should be easy enough. I'm having more trouble in deciding what colour to go for (that happens to me alot), but I have managed to decide that it will be all one colour.
The second is a snowflake. No worries about colour here, just white I think.
Unlike the Tulip Square this one is worked back and forth and I can't decide whether to make squares and join them or make one large piece with snowflakes dotted around. This one is going to take a bit more planning but I'm really pleased with it so far.
The last make is an experiment in yarn using an old pattern. I made my bobbly coasters like the one above a while ago now and wanted to make a much larger and more chunky tablemat, so the same pattern with two strands of dk yarn and one strand of lace altogether came out like this:
I'm pleased with the effect the three strands together produced. Right, that's my brain exercised for the year!
Hope all is well out there ...