Wednesday, 27 July 2016

Experiments in bobbles and yarn

I really enjoy making bobbly crochet so, since the big bobble blanket and the baby bobble blanket were finished, I've been experimenting a bit with a couple of squares to make more but slightly different bobbly blankets.  I had a couple of ideas, the first being a flower square, and ended up with this - the Tulip Square:


I think they look vaguely like tulips and I want to do some detail in the corners which will form another pattern when the squares are joined together - something simple, which should be easy enough. I'm having more trouble in deciding what colour to go for (that happens to me alot), but I have managed to decide that it will be all one colour.  

The second is a snowflake.  No worries about colour here, just white I think. 


Unlike the Tulip Square this one is worked back and forth and I can't decide whether to make squares and join them or make one large piece with snowflakes dotted around. This one is going to take a bit more planning but I'm really pleased with it so far.  


The last make is an experiment in yarn using an old pattern.  I made my bobbly coasters like the one above a while ago now and wanted to make a much larger and more chunky tablemat, so the same pattern with two strands of dk yarn and one strand of lace altogether came out like this:



I'm pleased with the effect the three strands together produced.  Right, that's my brain exercised for the year!  

Hope all is well out there ...

Jane xx


5 comments:

  1. That snowflake is so pretty, how clever are you? I am inspired to start early for you know what?
    best xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what always catches me out, I'm planning to have a snowflake blanket by then, but the best laid plans and all that ... :o) xx

      Delete
  2. Your bobble pattern crochet is just beautiful Jane! And I think your table mat worked so well.....how clever! Wishing you a happy week.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that table mat, it's really effective with the three yarns together. I have yet to crochet a bobble, it's something I really must get around to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bobbly crochet...especially the tulip square, it's gorgeous and the yarn is such a lovely colour too.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete