Sunday, 1 November 2015

Two

My little blog turned two on Halloween.  I don't feel like I've been blogging for two years, more just finding my way still really with terrible photos and not much to say.  I thought about giving it up again but it's been a useful thing in recording what I've made and how; although I've come to like Instagram, it doesn't do what I want it to do so blog is still best I think.



There's been some disappointments over the last two weeks.  I'd waited all year for my big night out with some friends to see Hamlet at the Barbican but, because of ill health, it was not to be and alas, I didn't get to see poor Yorick, or Benedict Cumberbatch (ha! see what I did there?).  Then yesterday, we saw an announcement that our local firework display had been cancelled.  The 1st Hildenborough Scouts have organised a firework display for at least the last 20 years at our local rec; over the years it has got bigger and better and has become the major community event of the year.  For the Scouts it is their biggest and much needed fund raiser and so this will hurt them greatly, but the owners of the next field issued a legal challenge because of their animals (horses I think) and so that's that.  How sad.  I wish I had a field, but maybe someone who has will be able to offer them an alternative.  

On a lighter note, not going out much means more crochet and so I've made good progress on a couple of the many blankets I keep starting and some smaller projects.  





And there was a first attempt at amugurumi - I crocheted an apple.  "Why?", said my daughter, to which I could only reply "I have absolutely no idea!".  William Morris said “Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.”  It's definitely not useful and I'm not convinced about beautiful either so its days could be numbered.  



To celebrate my second blog birthday I'm having a little giveaway, just as soon as I've decided what I'm going to give away.  Meanwhile, hope all is well out there ...

Jane x


5 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Jane. Two years pass quickly, don't they? I absolutely love the magenta border of the blanket you show. Making a crochet apple is fun, you could make an entire fruit bowl for decorations. I hope the fireworks display can be moved, it is a shame really. The horses could be stabled for the night. Keeping my fingers crossed. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the apple, and the ghost as well. Sorry about missing the events, that's a shame. I'm wishing you a very happy blogaversary, and I'm very glad that you're continuing with it, I always love to check in with you. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blog anniversary, Jane. I like all your crochet projects! Sorry you had to miss the play, such a shame. I hope they find a new field for the fireworks....always a pity when traditions have to end and this does sound unfair.
    Hope you have a happy November.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you missed your trip to the theatre in London, what a shame. I've been experimenting with amigurumi lately and I have to say it's harder than it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! And your beautiful bobble heart! Pat x

    ReplyDelete