Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Made in 2014

This year has been my first full year of blogging and so, like lots of other bloggers at this time of year, I thought I'd take a look back at my 'Made in 2014'.

On the crochet front there were three blankets - one for Christmas time, one for our bedroom and one for Alice to take to uni.


Two cushions - one for the sofa and one for pins


Two mandalas - one for Yarndale and one that's being used as a bowl cover


And some facecloths and a Nordic shawl.


I also got my sewing machine out, which had been redundant for quite some time, and made my first ever skirt as part of Lazy Daisy Jones' sew-along.


It fitted and, more importantly, I really enjoyed the experience, so brimming with confidence the girls and me set about making some pyjamas.


As they seemed to be a hit I made some more:  some Christmas ones for me and the girls and some chilli (what else?) man pyjamas for Mr T (apologies for terrible photo quality).


I think I'm probably pyjama'd out now, something different next time.

There seems to have been a lot of crochet over the past year so I've temporarily swapped my hook for some needles to make a man scarf using this really easy peasy pattern here.  Once that's done I've got another crochet blanket WIP started, something a little different from my others with a more lacey texture, so plenty to start 2015 with.  

This week I must catch up on some blog reading, I haven't been around blogland much lately, so see you at yours later! 

Happy New Year and I hope all is well out there ...
Jane x














11 comments:

  1. Lots of fabulous makes, it's lovely to look back and see how much you've achieved. All the best for 2015 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Jane, a great year in crochet and sewing too...the pj' s look fab....looking forward to seeing you completed wips xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Jane on a year in blogland, an inspirational and rewarding land it is too. I do recognise the thought and diligence that comes 'hand in hand' with the sharing process.
    Looking forward to your makes in this new year.
    Helen.
    P.S your PJ's are fabulous-umm another added to a long list of 'must makes' for me ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your makes ~ especially the crochet ones. Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year ~ hope it's a good one for you all. Congratulations on your first year of blogging too :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely to see your fabulous makes again! I especially liked the Nordic Shawl you made and your grey blanket, but they are all wonderful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I'm so impressed with all you've made. I'd be happy with just one blanket! Maybe this will be the year... I shall look forward to seeing what you make next. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved seeing all your gorgeous makes for 2014, Jane! Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a productive year! Great to see all your makes and here's to plenty more this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of gorgeous makes Jane. I really love those pyjamas...must make myself a pair this year. Wishing you a fantastic 2015.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a clever lady Jane. Look forward to seeing all your makes over the next year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very Happy New Year to you too, and here's hoping that your 2015 is just as productive as your 2014 looks to have been.

    ReplyDelete