Wednesday, 17 December 2014

Shades of grey (but only three)

It's done, a big grey blanket.



 It's not what I thought it would be when I started making it; as with most of my blanket projects, it's evolved.  



Since starting it I've ditched the bright green that was to edge it and added two more shades of grey to make three giant granny stripes, finished with a frilly edge which, if I hadn't had ten balls too many of dark grey, might have been light grey.



I'm quite pleased with it, despite going off the beaten track and ending up somewhere else! 



It's worked in Stylecraft Special dk in graphite, grey and silver with a 3.50mm hook.  It took 5 100g balls for each stripe plus another for the edging.


* * *

Since finishing I've started yet another project, this one needs to be finished in time for Christmas though ... 


... along with two pairs of wrist warmers - I'm using Annette's Nordic wrist warmers pattern here.

* * *

Apologies for not doing much blog visiting lately, things have been a little busy* ... 


... and since it's only about a week now until Christmas, this will probably be my last post of the year, although I will probably be dipping into Instagram now and then - I'm there as flowerhouse_jane.

Thank you for visiting my little space here over the last year and for all your lovely comments.  ♡ ♡ ♡

Wishing you a very happy Christmas and hope to see you all in 2015.


Hope all is well out there ...
Jane x

* - Flora now aka Binney because she has worked out how to open the kitchen bin. Tips and hints gratefully received!

8 comments:

  1. Your grey blanket is beautiful and I love the little flower and the frilly edge too. Your puppy looks absolutely gorgeous ~ I'm sure she is not as angelic as she looks though. Hope you have a very lovely Christmas :O)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous blanket, and it's really useful to know how much yarn you used, quite often people don't think to include that, but it's very helpful. I really like the three greys together, very classy. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy New Year. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jane, your grey blanket is a treat Isn't it, it looks so stylish and what is that new little project? Puppies and children, same training philosophy!! Have a fab Christmas and New Year, see you on the other side xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blanket is beautiful and as CJ said, so good to know how much and what you used in terms of yarn, very useful indeed so thank you for that. The colours of grey all go together so well and I really like the dark grey ruffle border too! Happy Christmas and New Year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blanket is beautiful, very stylish! Flora can't possibly be as naughty as Jack.... but at least Jack's legs are too short to reach the top of the bin! I hope house training is going well and that you have a strong tether for your Christmas tree. Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year, too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your big grey blanket is beautiful! The stripes look stylish and modern and I love the edge. Sounds as if Flora is up to the same kind of mischief as my Molly....though she can't get to the bin, she would if she could!
    Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas, Jane!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jane,

    Thank you for popping over to my blog and leaving such sweet comments. Your blanket looks fabulous! It must have been so much work! Your new project looks lovely too.

    Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blankets are stunning! Have a wonderful Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete