Wednesday, 13 August 2014


We made Margot pyjamas

Jane                                     Natalie                                 Alice

From Tilly Walnes' Love at First Stitch.  

They were easy to make although the greaseproof paper I used to trace the pattern (it was all I had) was a bit of a slippery affair, but we're all roughly the same size so we only traced it once and we re-used it for each pair (despite instructions to trace a new pattern for each - how rebellious).

The guidelines for fabric amounts seem generous - we have oodles left, definitely enough for Natalie and Alice to make a pair of shortie PJs with theirs.  

We might swap the ribbon for some elastic as the pulling up and re-tying is proving slightly irritating but all in all we're feeling quite pleased with our new pyjamas.

* * *

The crochet hook is back out and so work continues on the grey blanket, which has taken a different turn with a new shade of grey.

And there's been a bit of experimentation with another project in mind.

* * *

Best plant in the Flowerhouse flower garden at the moment is Hydrangea macrophylla

The flowerbuds appear as lovely little green beads ...

... that burst into little creamy white flowers around the outside ...

... and become pink and purple in the centre ...

... and it's got me thinking ...


... oooh yes!  Maybe a softer green though.  

Hope all is well out there ...
Jane x