Friday, 6 December 2013

WIP fest

I just can't help it and I know I’m not alone – I start something, then something else, then something else …

So, I’m currently working on:

Christmas cables and wavy lines




Knitted/crocheted squares in lots of blues




Little circles




Bluey-greeney grannies




And more grannies, which will be a blanket …



… for Mr. Ziggy, the king of snooze ...



... to go with his mousemat …



... for an extra cozy kip.

 Then there is my first attempt at hexies



When will they all be finished?  Who knows, I've got cross stitch WIPs in the cupboard that have been there for years!  But now that the above projects have been 'outed', I feel that I've committed myself to finishing them.

The wavy lines are also a first attempt and for this I followed instructions by the brilliant Lucy at Attic 24. The pattern for the mousemat (which is actually finished) is from Pet Heaven: The Animal Accessory Bible by Sally Muir and Joanna Osborne and it's worth a look if you like to pamper your pets, there are some great knits in there. 

Hope all is well out there.  Have a good weekend.

Jane x



9 comments:

  1. Blimey, did'nt realise you had quite so many WIPS Jane!
    Think I've been lucky enough to have seen most of these lovelies in real life except those gorgeous little granny circles - loving those colours you've used - the acid yellowy green and turquoise are brilliant together.
    Have a great weekend Jane and see you soon
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gill, I'm afraid the photo doesn't really do justice to the colours in the little circles. Show you next time you're here. Have a lovely weekend.
      Jane xx

      Delete
  2. I really like the bluey green patchwork crochet... and the mouse mat is super cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea. The blue-green patchwork started out as a project to use up yarn from another project that had many more colours, but I decided to ditch anything that wasn't a shade of blue or green and now I've ended up buying more of the colours I'm using so that I get a blanket out of it! Have a good weekend.
      Jane x

      Delete
  3. Sounds familiar ;-) But the joy is in the making, isn't it? And one day they'll all be finished, I'm sure. One day.

    I'm rather taken by your red and white ripple (which is quite a surprise, as I'm not a 'red person' at all).

    Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Mia, you are right, the joy is in the making and there will probably be something else started by next week! Glad you like red and white ripple - I have no plan for this in terms of the width of stripes, etc., I think I will just let it 'evolve'. Have a good weekend.
      Jane x

      Delete
  4. Ooooh Jane, you've got so many lovely things on the go ! Love the mouse mat as well !
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Goodness ..... so many gorgeous things in progress, it must be hard to know what to pick!
    love jooles xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jooles, at the moment I'm concentrating on the cable cushion and ripple blanket - it would be nice to have them around at Christmas. Jane xx

      Delete