Monday, 16 December 2013

Running out of time

I'm normally quite quick off the mark in getting Christmas decorations out, but this year I seem to have dragged my heels and it was only yesterday that I made a start by decorating the tree.

Christmas tree decorations hold so many memories:  

From my childhood





The girls' favourite decorations when they were little 





Making our angel for the top of the tree





Crafts coming home from playschool (always the best!)





A present from one of the girls' teachers at their primary school, for helping with reading (something that I loved doing)




We've collected quite a few baubles and decorations over the years




Some of which are a little unconventional, but I like shoes! 




But they all go on



The bad light and gloomy weather seem to make everything look dull, but my tree does look alot brighter in real life!  And my little angel girlie is happy





By the weekend my girls will be home from uni and I can't wait, by then it will be Christmas decorations a go-go!

Hope all your Christmas preparations are going well.

Jane xx









8 comments:

  1. The tree looks lovely Jane - so pretty and full of nostalgia and happy memories. Love the cute shoes,but my fav has to be the sweet angel - she is adorable!
    Wishing you all a wonderful family Christmas!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the angel, she is adorable... I want one! Your tree looks wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some gorgeous decorations! I love the angel, she is very sweet.
    Marianne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marianne. The angel is my favourite, I really enjoyed making her all those years ago, but I confess she's not my invention - I ordered her as a kit from a magazine. It's a shame she lives in a box for so many months of the year!
      Jane xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Jane, thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog. You have some fabulous decorations - those shoes! Brilliant, I love them.
    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jane,

    A Happy New Year to you and your family! Hope you had a lovely time?! Your tree looks beautiful!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for your lovely comments on my deer head post.

    I love the way Christmas ornament collections build up - they bring back such wonderful memories whenever I get them out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just got to look at this post today-running behind as its February..! I LOVE the shoe decorations!! :0)

    ReplyDelete