Tuesday, 12 November 2013

Thinking about Christmas ...

I had all sorts of good intentions this year in the way of Christmas makes:  a red cable cushion, a lovely patchwork throw, a lovely Christmassy crochet throw.  Now back to reality.  The cushion is, I would say, a definite:  it’s nearly finished.




The patchwork throw:  well, given my inexperience with patchwork, it’s unlikely, but I bought the fabric, just in case I had a sudden burst of creativity; besides, I couldn’t resist these lovely Tilda fat quarters.




The crochet throw?  Well, now I really am dreaming!  Haven’t even got any yarn to take a photo of, but I have got Panettone - this one came from John Lewis (I know this seems like a bit of a tenuous link to nowhere, but please read on and bear with …)





… to eat (along with cake, mince pies, Christmas pudding and all the other girdle-busting victuals) in the Christmas holidays while starting my patchwork throw and thinking about starting the crochet throw for next Christmas!

I seem to have gone from 'leaving it too late' to 'forward planning' - well I'm quite pleased with that!

Jane x


5 comments:

  1. Lots of good intentions, and one nearly in the bag! The almost-finished cushion looks lovely, and if you could make the christmassy quilt with those gorgeous fabrics - they are so warm looking and pretty - it would go beautifully with the red knitted cushion.
    Keep up the hard work Jane!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slightly apprehensive about the patchwork, but I will take a deep breath and dive in! Have a good weekend.
      Jane xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Jane,

    Gill told me you just started your blog. I hope it will give you as much pleasure as it does to me!

    Your chose some beautiful fabric for the quilt! The cushion looks really good too!

    Happy weekend!

    Madelief (from Holland)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Madelief, thank you for visiting and for your kind comments. Hope you have a happy weekend too.

      Jane x

      Delete
  3. The Tilda fabric is gorgeous. It is lovely to have seasonal soft furnishings. Good luck with your blog, I hope you find a lot of joy here x

    ReplyDelete